Combine Spservices with other library - SPFF

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:42 PM

First of all thanks for this great library.

I want to combine this library with anothe CodePlex project SharePoint Form Field Assistant which I use to prepopulate a field in new form adding value to link to this new form (https://servername.com/site/Lists/Tasks/EditForm.aspx?ID=4&Assigned%20To=Someone). But I want to combine it with your library and prepopulate parent column and lock it (to disable option of changing parent column selection).

But when I try to combine scipts it is not working. Field is prepopulated but child field are not filtered. Is there way how to combine 2 scripts? Is there way how to put delay/pause function to wait till spff will prepopulate parent column and spservices will accept it? Folowing code is what I've tryed and is not working

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/jQuery%20Libraries/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/jQuery%20Libraries/jquery.SPServices-0.4.5.min.js">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/jQuery%20Libraries/spff.js">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() {

$(function(){
$.spff({lock:true, lockBkg:{"background":"green"} });

$().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
relationshipList: "Regions",
relationshipListParentColumn: "Country",
relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
parentColumn: "Country",
childColumn: "Region"
});
});

</script>

Thanks,

Michal

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Michal:

There's no particular reason why the two libraries shouldn't work together.  I know that other people have used my library successfully in conjunction with other libraries. It may be something about the spff library that is preventing it from "playing nicely".

The first thing I would recomend trying is to get things set up with SPCascadeDropdowns *without* the spff library.  Once you're sure that's working correctly, then try adding back the spff library.  This will tell you whether it is an issue with how you are calling SPCascadeDropdowns or a conflict between the two libraries.

Finally, I strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version of SPServices, as I've done quite a bit since v0.4.5, including bug fixes and new functionality.

M.