Tabbing between fields

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Been using cascading dropdowns to great success, however one of my users has noticed that when he selects the value by typing in a letter ("G" in this case to select Global in the Region field) and then tabs down to country field it does not perform the cascading filter.

Seems that the tab down does not trigger the SPCascadeDropDown call, have you noticed this before? Is there a work around?

any help would be very much appreciated,

regards,

Verhaaf

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Verhaaf:

I haven't had any other reports of this, but it does sound like it could be an issue.  Does typing the "G" get the "Global" value correctly selected in the Region field? i.e., when the user tabs out of the Region field, is "Global" visible?

M.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Hi Sympmarc,

thanks for the prompt reply, yes the "G" selection correctly gets the "Global" value and the user then tabs away to the next line, with Global visible. When the user tabs down, on what should be the filtered country list, none of the filtered options is displayed (i.e. the default blank value, awaiting parent selection)

thanks for your help,

regards,

Verhaaf

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Got it. I'm going to get a fix for this into the next release.

M.

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Sorry. I spoke a little too fast. I can't seem to reproduce this.  One more question: How many values are there for Region and for Country?  (This will tell me what type of controls you have for each column.)  If you can paste in a screenshot, that would be really helpful, too.

M.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Hi Marc,

there are only 4 Region Values and 29 Country (actually the field is Team as you'll see in the screen shots, seemed easier to explain using country).

I played around with the amount of values and the bug does not crop up when you have a reduced number of child list values (i.e. the blue arrow drop down instead of the white one when you have a larger total).

I've got two screen shots to share, could you send me your email as I have no where to host these pics at the moment.

much appreciated,

R.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Verhaaf:

I sent you a direct message so that you could send your screenshots.  No matter what variations I try, I can't reproduce this.  Take a look at my demo site and see if it happens to you there:
http://www.sympraxisconsulting.com/Demos/Demo%20Pages/CascadingDropdowns.aspx

Are you using IE?

M.

Mar 4, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Hi Marc,

as you suspected it seems to be an IE 6 browser issue as I cannot reproduce the error on Firefox or Chrome.

Thank you for your assistance,

R.

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I still don't want to write it off if it's an issue for you.  I want to be browser agnostic. Unfortunately, I don't have IE6 anywhere to test.

M.