SharePoint 2010 Web Services

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Wondering where you are with SharePoint 2010. I am playing with it now, especially the REST web services. I'm a BIG proponent of JQuery (porting my skills from the Java world) and was happy, happy to see that Msf flew the white flag and recognized JQuery as the distant leader in the AJAX space. Would love to see a plugin that takes advantage of JQuery for SharePoint 2010 and allows me to more easily access and update lists.

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM
Most, if not all, of the Web Services are the same in SharePoint 2010. If you noticed, I've got some icons sprinkled throughout the documentation which shows what I've tested and what I haven't. Take a look at this blog post for more info: http://mdasblog.wordpress.com/2010/03/14/new-logo-and-certification-icons-for-the-jquery-library-for-sharepoint-web-services-spservices/ Are there specific things you'd like to do with jQuery, Web Services, and SP2010? M.
Apr 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Mostly interested in the REST Web Service functionality, and as I understand it, this is new in SharePoint 2010. I've seen a couple examples (not using JQuery) that allows one to view and update lists via calls to the REST Web Service.

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Well, that's a whole different method than the one I'm focused on with SPServices. They can coexist, of course.

M.