SPArrangeChoices Using with a 'Fill-in' choice box

May 4, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi Marc,

I am trying to use the SPArrangeChoices function with 5 choices plus an option for the user to input their own. Unfortunately, when I set the 'perRow' parameter to 4, the rendering is not what I would like.

Below is how the choices render...

<input name="Option" type="checkbox" value="on" />Option A <input name="Option" type="checkbox" value="on" />Option B <input name="Option" type="checkbox" value="on" />Option C <input name="Option" type="checkbox" value="on" />Option D
<input name="Option" type="checkbox" value="on" />Option E <input name="Option" type="checkbox" value="on" />Fill In choice <input name="Fillin" type="text" />

Is there any way to make it so there is no space in between 'Option C' and 'Option D'?

May 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Huh...I tried to create a simple table via the HTML source editor in my post to convey my issue. Everything looked fine until I actually saved the post.

Essentially, there is a space the length of the 'fill-in' input box between 'Option C' and 'Option D'.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Coordinator
May 4, 2010 at 4:12 PM

JGilmore:

Frankly, I don't think I ever tested with a fill-in option.  I'll copy this into a work item in the Issue Tracker as something to fix in the next release.

It probably makes sense to leave the fill-in choice in its own table row at the bottom rather than trying to make it fit with the other options above.  I think doing that would solve the issue.  Make sense?

What's the urgency on this for you?

M.

Coordinator
May 4, 2010 at 6:38 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.