undefined drop down values in SPCascadedDropDown

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:43 PM

I've attempted to recreate the example exactly as you've presented it but the second drop down list values show as "undefined". For instances, if the region is "Southeast" the state list will show "undefined" 3 times whereas if the region is "Mountain" there are no values in the state list. I expect no values in the state list since Mountain was not chosen as a region for any of the countries. I expect three values for the state list when the region selected is Southeast.

I've checked to make sure that I did not typo and cannot see anything different in what I have done and what you have published. Can you suggest items that I should check?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2010 at 11:39 AM

j:

Which example are you trying to recreate?

M.

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:18 PM

The $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns (http://spservices.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=%24%28%29.SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns&referringTitle=Documentation).

J

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I worked with it some more this morning and found the issue: The code for the second dropdown list reads:

relationshipListChildColumn: "State"

While I had named my column "State" the static name was still "Title". As soon as I changed the code to "Title" everything began to work.

Thanks,

J

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2010 at 6:40 PM

J:

Great! It's always the little things. ;+)

M.