SPCascadeDropdowns 3rd dropdown values need to depend on combination of 1st and 2nd dropdowns

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Hi,

I've been using your jquery code for cascading dropdowns for the past few weeks successfully (with 2 dropdowns) but now that I am looking to use it with 3 dropdowns I'm running into a little issue.  Is there a way to set up additional filtering (maybe using a CAML query?) so that when you use 3 dropdowns, your 3rd dropdown values depend on a combination of what has been selected in the 1st and 2nd dropdowns? 

Reason I'm asking is the relationships in my data aren't as straight forward/unique as Country - State - City.  I'm trying to set this up for a "Training Matrix" where I can get users to enter the different types of certifications/training courses they've taken. 

My first dropdown is the Vendor (i.e. Avaya, Cisco, BMC, Genesys etc) . 

My second dropdown is for Category (which is really just for our own internal use to differentiate the certications/training types i.e Core, Applications, IP, PBX, etc). 

My third dropdown is called Topic for the name of the certication/training course (i.e. Course No:AVA0329 - Application Enablement Server, Course No: AVA378348 - IQ Implementation and Maintenance, etc.).

So basically right now, if I pick:

Vendor=Cisco and Category=Applications, I should get only the certications/training courses that were available for that combination.  But I don't... I get all the results that have Category=Applications, for any vendor.

Do you understand what I'm saying?  Can this be done?

Thanks.

Carine

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Carine:

What you're trying to do is certainly reasonable, but SPCascadeDropdowns doesn't work that way, unfortunately.  It only works for the type of filtering I show in the Country/State/City examples, e.g., one-to-one column relationships.

M.