User Information List

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Why I dont get anything back?

Is this actually get the list from the SP service? How this thing work?

I got access denied on my jquery 1.4.2?

$(document).ready(function() {
  $().SPServices({
  operation: "GetListItems",
  async: false,
  webURL: "/",
  listName: "User Information List",
CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Title' /></ViewFields>",
  completefunc: function (xData, Status) {
   $(xData.responseXML).find("[nodeName=z:row]").each(function() {
        var liHtml = "<li>" + $(this).attr("ows_Title") + "</li>";
        $("#tasksUL").append(liHtml);
});
    }
  });
});

</script>
<div id="tasksUL"></div>

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:18 AM
your code with my list is working very fine for me. are you calling you .js in order, like I mention below? I always see my XHR results with Firebug? It's a Firefox addon (just google it and install it). If you use IE try FireBug for IE http://brenelz.com/blog/firebug-in-ie-a-dream-come-true/ IE also has a web developer tool but I don't think IE developer tool allows you to see XHR results.
Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Edited Aug 4, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Remember that calls to the Web Services occur using the credentials of the currently logged in user. If that user doesn't have permission to read items from the User Information List (in this case), they won't get anything back.

What's the exact error that you are getting?

M.

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:32 AM

i got access denied, but I am a site collection administrator.

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Yes I do call the javascript in order I have called jquery first and the the spservice next?

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Hmm.  The big ugly Access Denied you get when you try to access a page or site you don't have permissions for? Or an access denied message back in the XML?  It it's the latter, can you post the exact XML?

M.

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I dont get any xml back, but I got javascript error on the browser that said:

Access Denied
jquery 1.4.2 line 19 something like that.

To be honest I never seen something like this before.

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:11 AM

It does look like permission problems. I have another server and login as administrator and my script is working.
The one that I dont understand as a site collection administrator you dont have permission to look at User Information List? I thought as a site collection administrator I have an admin rights?
Correct me if I'm wrong here?

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 2:46 AM

It may be that you don't have permission on the script file. Without the exact error message, it's hard to tell.

M.

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I have changed the permission to my js for iisadmin can add and edit, I dont get that error anymore, but I still dont get any result.

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2010 at 4:15 AM

I'm sure it's possible to get this working, but you're not really giving enough details to help you through it!

M.