Change Approver of Workflow manually

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Hi!

I'm new to Sharepoint and its features, and I was facing some troubles with its workflows...

Specially, there's one thing I'm trying to do:

I have a list of Documents that need approval, and when I include an item in this list, I also define which person I want to send the approval request to.

The question is, can I change the workflow approvers to match the ones I specified on the item included? Through JavaScript, perhaps?

The change has to be automatically, per item... I don't know if I'm asking too much.

Thank you for your time!

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2010 at 1:24 AM

dklava,

You're not going to be able to do that with JavaScript, as the approver(s) of the documents aren't handled on a per document (or submission) basis, but rather a list of approvers per list/library, site, or collection. There's a couple ways you can accomplish what you're looking to do, but they'll all require work on the workflow side of the house (either a workflow in SharePoint Designer, or a custom coded workflow). There's a few good articles out there on approval workflows if you Google, or there's probably a few third-party bolt-on's for SharePoint that'll help you do what you're looking for with little code, but not something that can really be done client-side in my opinon.

Mike