Marc need your wise thoughts

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I moved a site to become a subsite.

My issue is, I have lookup columns rendering as input elements instead of select elements. I don't think moving the site did it, but im not sure what is causing this. I thought it was because of IE9 but i went to another pc which has IE8 installed and the same thing occurs. 

I have visited a Development SP 2010, i am building. Which i know has changed the upload control on my wss3 site, not sure if the same has occured for lookup column select elements?

The reason i am asking here is because i am trying to use SPDisplayRelatedInfo and SPGetQueryString to pop some fields. 

the query string houses the projectid the new and edit form use the projectid to pop the info for the form fields.  I also have a project title field that is popped based on the project id. (this is where the spdisplayrelatedinfo comes in).  in the completefunc, on spdisplayrelatedinfo, I get the title from td element in the display info area. 

$('#SPDisplayRelatedInfo_ProjectID td:nth-child(1)').text();
I appreciate your help Marc.
Oct 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Sorry forgot to state. since they are rendering as input fields, i cannot find the dropdown control to render as selected. I see the onclick event for the input control is calling ShowDropdown('IDofControl');

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Sounds like your Lookup columns got screwed up as part of the move. You might have to recreate them.

SPDisplayRelatedInfo is looking for the select (or the input/select complex control that SharePoint generates if there are 20+ options) and it's not going to find it if it isn't the right type of element.

M.

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Thanks Marc!

oh shoot, its the 20+ options. 

I am going to search on the 20+ options. what would the jquery look like to pop the select element? 

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Take a look at function dropdownCtl in SPServices to see how I find them in the DOM.

M.

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Thanks Marc! I appreciate your help.