SPDisplayRelatedInfo selection based on previous cascade dropdown filtering

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Hi I know, that this was already discussed, but I was not able to get this resolved. I have one SharePoint 2007 NewForm.aspx where I want to use combination of SPCascadeDropdowns and SPDisplayRelatedInfo.

Issue Category is choice type of field with dropdown, Issue Category type is lookup field to Issue Category Type list, where is Category Type (Title) column, Category (Category) column which have same values as Issue Category dropdown and Notes field with information formated as rich text. I want to filter out Issue Category type field based on Issue Category with help of SPCascadeDropdowns which works fine.

Problem is that related Note info displayed based on selection of Issie Category Type field is redundant (as entries for Category Type in Issue Category List are duplicated. I need to display Notes based on combination of fields Issue Category and Issue Category Type

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../jQuery/jquery-1.4.2.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../jQuery/jquery.SPServices-0.5.4.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() {
			relationshipList: "Issue Category Type",
			relationshipListParentColumn: "Category",
			relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
			parentColumn: "Issue Category",
			childColumn: "Issue Category Type",
			debug: true

columnName: "Issue Category",
			relatedList: "Issue Category Type",
			relatedListColumn: "Title",
			relatedColumns: ["Notes"],
			debug: true

Is there any option to creat aditional field which will calculate combination of Category and Categorytype fields liek Category_CategoryType and make selection based on this two fields with something like this?

columnName: "Issue Category"&"_"&"Issue Category Type",

Best Regards,

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:19 PM

If I understand what you are trying to do, you'll need to customize SPDisplayRelatedInfo for this. I can't think of a way to use the function as it's written to make this happen.

There is a CAMLquery option for SPDisplayRelatedInfo. Might that help you? Alternatively, you could write some additional script in the completefunc to remove the items you don't want to display.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Hi Marc,

I've tried to write CAMLquery based on this thread http://spservices.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=80081 but was not sucesfull, not sure, how CAMLquery works in this case.

Will need to fill this gap in my knowledge, do you have any posts on your blog about using CAMLquery together with your library?

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:21 AM

The CAMLQuery option simply takes a fragment of CAML. See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms462365.aspx

I'm not sure that this will even help solve your particular problem but I wantred to make sure you knew that the option was there.