Feature Request - Customize ECB's

Dec 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I have been utilizing SPServices for a variety of projects for the past year and I wanted to start off by letting you know that I genuinely appreciate the work that has been put into this project.  I can't count the number of times I've had a question with either SharePoint or jQuery and ended up with my friend Google directing me to some of Marc's content.

My most recent project (SP2007) requires me to either create a custom context menu for multiple data views contained on a single page or modify the existing Edit Control Block (ECB)'s on multiple list views to allow for quick ajaxy edits. When possible I try to avoid full page postbacks so when I stumbled across Jan's article to easily do just this I was excited.

My point.... Jan's script is pretty powerful I wanted to know if the ability to easily customize the ECB's of a page would be a good fit for SPServices.  In my opinion, this would be another great tool to have in my Middle Tier toolbox.  Just my 2 cents.

Keep up the good work.

--Scott

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I actually have combined this library in creating my own ECB as you mentioned. There are a lot of things that you can do with this. I had to take my custom ECB to the .Net side of the house for some complex permission tests, but for the most part you can use all javascript.

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.