SPCascadeDropdowns with MultiSelect Client in SP2010 problem

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hi!

I am trying to integrate the Demo for the SPCascadeDropdowns in my Sharepoint 2010 environment. Everything works fine as long I do not activate the Multi Select Feature for a column. If I activate Multi Select for the Region column for example I am receiving a column not found error from the script.

Any Ideas what´s going wrong?

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Hi!

I found those two threads discussing the same issue - by the way - my sharepoint server is in german language:

http://spservices.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=85478

http://www.uccorner.com/75/sharepoint/cascading-drop-down-multiple-select/

uccorner sums up the problem very well...

marc is there a way to have it fixed finally or do I also have to patch the code?

br

Martin

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Martin:

What version of SPServices are you using? If you read those two threads all the way through, I solved this in both of those cases. If you're not using the most recent version of SPServices, try upgrading and let me know if you still have issues.

M.

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Dear Marc!

Thank you for your quick reply! Yes - I went through the whole threads but did not have time to try it out up to now. It´s exactly the same behaviour which is described in the two threads and I was wondering because you wrote that it´s fixed.

I downloaded the most recent version two days before

so I am working with

jquery 1.4.4 (min) and spservices 0.5.8

If you want to have a look at my systems directly we can find a way for you to access the environment.

Will try the workarounds on Monday latest and keep you informed

br

Martin

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Hi Marc!

I tried the fix mentioned above but I can´t find  the term "possible values" in the code anymore... seems that you changed this part of the code but it does not work on a german foundation server

br

Martin

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Martin: Can you do a View Source on the form where you are having trouble and either post it or send it to me privately by clicking on my handle? It's undoubtedly some difference in the way the multi-select elements are identified in the German version which is causing the issue. M.