SPScriptAudit return not what expected

Dec 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Started working with SPScriptAudit, and am not sure that it is returning what I was expecting.

Some background:

• No SP Designer, so am running in CEWP on its own page
  • Also, all code on forms, web part pages, etc are in CEWPs, since no SPD
  • Pages folder below, "IT", actually contains the page where this is running.
  • I have Site Collection Admin for this site, but have tried on other sites where I have only Site Admin, with same results
  • MOSS2007, WSS3, IE8

OK - when I run the code below, I am returned a pretty exhaustive list of my list views, and the four web part pages contained in the IT folder.  I do not see any of my list forms, many of which have code dropped on them.  For what I am returned, everything has jQuery=No, even though the the web part pages call jQuery in CEWPs.

If I turn off verbose (i.e.  showNoScript: false,) - I get just the table headers returned.

My thought from reading the discussions was that it was able to bring back any page, list view, or list form that has a call to jQuery even if it was in a CEWP.

Assuming my conclusion is correct, and I have just messed up some coding, a follow up question would be, is there any way to have it audit all pages, not just one in the specified library?  If not, what value can you use for that parameter to include a subfolder, or to even specify a subfolder?

Thanks for your patience and all your hard work!!

w.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://idnetmonitor/sites/rc/mastercode/jquery.current.min.js"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://idnetmonitor/sites/rc/mastercode/jquery.SPServices-0.5.8.min.js"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
function runAudit(){
  var doit=confirm("This will take some time to run(10-20 minutes) and will severely affect your computer's performance.\r\rIt will check all site lists, forms, and the web pages contained in the folder \"IT\" for inclusion of calls to scripts.\r\rAre you sure you want to proceed?");

if(doit==true)
{
$(document).ready(function() {
	$().SPServices.SPScriptAudit({
		webURL: "",
		listName: "",
		outputId: "WSOutput",
		auditForms: true,
		auditViews: true,
		auditPages: true,
		auditPagesListName: "IT",

showHiddenLists: false,
		showNoScript: true,
		showSrc: false
	});
      });
   }
 }
</script>
<input type="button" value="Run Audit" onClick="runAudit();">
<div id="WSOutput"></div>
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2011 at 2:57 PM

w.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was sick for a while over the holidays and got backed up on things.

Frankly, I think you're the first person who's ever asked about SPAuditScript! I wrote it for myself early on and thought it would be a huge hit, but no one seems to have ever used it before you that I know of. (Or if they have, it was a long time ago that I don't remember.)

I think we can get this to work for you. If there are bugs, we'll squash them. Can you post a screenshot of the results that you are getting? It'll help me to understand what's going on. If you have any confidentiality issues, you can email me at marc dot anderson [at] sympraxisconsulting dot com instead.

M.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2011 at 4:17 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.