SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns Child list not populating

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Hello,

I have downloaded the code and reviewed way too many postings and can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong here.  It's been over a day, so it's time to ask for help. :)

Scipt is below. Hello world works and debugging is on and I'm not getting any errors. I can ctrl+click on the java source files and they open up just fine.  The Project drop down is not populating at all and it is required and I am not using the prompt text. I did have it set to not required and it was automatically populating it with the prompt text, but I didn't want folks to select that, so I have it required now and the prompt text is no longer showing...nothing is showing.  I do have items associated with the program I selected in the project listing as well.

RelationshipList: Proj (list name), with Title filed and Programs field, which is a lookup to a Program table. 

Main list I'm testing with is Test (list name), with a Program field (which is a lookup to the Program list) and Project (which is a lookup to the Proj list).

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/PC/Scripting Files/jquery-1.5.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/PC/Scripting Files/jquery.SPServices-0.5.8.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
alert ("js on.");
$(document).ready(function() {
alert ('jQuery on.');
var thisSite = $().SPServices.SPGetCurrentSite();
alert ('Hello World! Your site is : ' + thisSite );
});
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
            relationshipList: "{42b7ea55-532d-4944-b852-e62a4644ed66}",
            relationshipListParentColumn: "Programs",
            relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
            parentColumn: "Program",
            childColumn: "Project",
            debug: true
        });
    });
</script>

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM
CHM:

I'm truly sorry you've wasted so much time. Unfortunately, there's a problem with SPServices and jQuery 1.5. Please see the red message on the home page here.

M.