SPAutoComplete working with a large list

Feb 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Marc

SPAutoComplete is working as expected but there are so many results returned that they are running off the page. Can you confirm if there is a height value associated with SPAutoComplete and the usually scrollbars that would be associated with it. 

Thanks 

Marcus

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Marcus:

In v0.5.8 and earlier, SPAutocomplete is pretty dumb. I'm trying to get some improvements into it for v0.6.0. How would you like this to work? Supply a maxHeight value, after which there wuold be a scrollbar? Any other behavior you'd like to see? See this link for my current list of SPAutocomplete tasks in the Issue Tracker.

M.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Marc

Thanks for the quick response and your correct maxHeight value would be enough. Do you know when v0.6.0 will be ready? You know customers. :-)

Thanks again for the quick response.

Marcus

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Marc

What about the option to add an existing class or style the returned info. It would eliminate the need for me to have: $('#SPAutocomplete_').addClass("ms-vb");. Any thoughts of numbering the returned info? Just ideas. :-)

Marcus

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Marcus:

Sorry for the delayed reply. I keep adding more things into v0.6.0 because of questions like yours. I need to quit it and get it out there!

I'm not sure I understand the addClass idea. Could you explain it a little more?

M.

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2011 at 4:49 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Mar 4, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Nothing more that to add an option that would allow us to easily exploit the existing SharePoint classes such as ms-vb to format the return.

Thanks