SPDebugXMLHttpResult Causing Page To Lockup

May 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Marc,

I was using SPDebugXMLHttpResult in previous versions of SPServices. I have recently upgraded jQuery to 1.5.2 (I know 1.6 is out but have not got it yet) and I upgraded to SPServices 0.6.1. I am working on something and was using the GetList operation and needed to see the results. If I use the function now, my page locks up hard and I have to "End Task" on it. I am using it exactly as you show in the docs just to be sure and I have used it before with no issues.

Dan (Heavy user of this really cool library!)

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Edited May 4, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Dan:

To be honest, I haven't looked at SPDebugXMLHttpResult in a while because it's not clear to me how often it's used. (I'm thinking about doing a survey about SPServices sometime soon to find stuff like this out.)

M.

May 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

If I can do it, I certainly will. For now I know I am getting data but I was just not having much luck iterating it. For some reason I can not use nodeName='Fields' in an each loop because it will not loop this way. I hopefully can use Field[DisplayName='Status'] to get to what I need. May turn into another blog post for me. Really trying to get the stuff out there!

Thanks!

May 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

As a test, I reverted back to SPServices 0.5.3 and it worked fine. Not a showstopper by any means! Your efforts are always appreciated!

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Edited May 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Ok, interesting. I'll try ot take a look, but at least you have a workaround.

Can you try SPServices 0.5.8?

M.

May 4, 2011 at 4:08 PM

SPServices 0.5.8 works as well.

BTW, I love having a delgate control on the master page. I just change my jQuery feature and voila! all master pages updated!

Coordinator
May 9, 2011 at 1:17 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.