SPCascadeDropDowns - Edit form

May 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hello,

I've configured SPCascadeDropDowns on a EditForm for a document library. On the initial upload, everything works fine but the values are not retained on the EditForm, if I try to edit properties on the document. I do see the values on the DisplayForm though.

I'm using MOSS 2007, SPServices 0.6.1, jQuery-1.5.2.

Anyone seen this behavior? If so, is there is a fix?

Thank you!

Parag

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 5:28 AM
Parag:

I'm not sure I get what's happening. Can you post the code and explain a bit more about the behavior you are seeing?

M.
>
May 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Marc,

Thanks for the response. I figured it out though. I'll explain the issue, in case others run into it:

On a document library, I created a custom Edit Form and added the SPCascadeDropDowns function.

Case 1: Upload a new document, select the cascading metadata, save and you could see that the metadata was saved correctly (in "View properties" or "All Items" view).

Case 2: However, if you "Edit Properties" (uses the same custom Edit Form) for a saved document, the metadata would not show up in the cascading drop downs. 

The issue was with my relationship list columns setup. Fixing that based on the documentation helped. 

Thanks,

Parag

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Parag:

Glad you got it working. I'm interested in what the issue was in your relationship data. It might be something I could clarify better in the docs.

M.