Error while trying to add a new record

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Hello.  I'm receiving a SOAP error, for only a few users, when trying to add a new record to a list.  "The operation failed because an unexpected error occurred." The result code returned is 80070005.  This doesn't happen to everybody; just a couple.  I checked their permissions and everything seems to be in check. 

Are you aware of any "gotchas" that could be causing such a problem?

name is the result of SPGetCurrentUser call.
newEmail is an email address

var emails = newEmail + "; ";
var now = new Date();

$().SPServices({
  operation: "UpdateListItems",
  async: false,
  batchCmd: "New",
  listName: "Notifications",
  debug: true,
  completefunc: function (xData, Status) { 
    alert(xData.responseXML.xml); 
  },
  valuepairs: [["Title", now], ["Distributor", name], ["Emails", emails]]
});
Thank you very much :)
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Try hardwiring the name and emails values and have the users with the issue try that. If that works, it will isolate the issue to the values for one of those two variables. Alternately, use Fiddler or Firebug to check what the network traffic looks like to see what actual values are passed.

M.

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Thanks Marc.  I used Fiddler and it turned out to be an "Access Denied."  I went into the permissions for the list and they all looked good.  So, I re-inherited them from the parent, broke them again and started over.  That seemed to solve the problem.  Thanks for the suggestion of using Fiddler.

dave

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 4:00 AM
Dave:

Glad you got it working. From your description, I'm not sure what was actually going on, but if you got it, all is good!

M.
>