SPDisplayRelatedInfo and/or SPLookupAddNew broke my DispForm.aspx in Task Calendar view

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

From AlohaScott today in the Issue Tracker.

Aloha,

I recently created two separate task lists, modified each with both the SPDisplayRelatedInfo and SPLookupAddNew functionality (which are both super cool BTW), but now the calendar view is not working. When you click on the Link to the Task in the calendar view only, it brings up my NewFormCustom.aspx form instead. Not good. I have double checked that the Supporting Files are accurately pointing to the DispForm.aspx file. What is additionally odd is that if I change the default setting on the Task Calendar webpart to Full Toolbar or Summary Toolbar, the link to DispForm.asp works (but only the very first time you click on it). The next time you hover over it or click on the link, it opens in NewFormCustom.aspx.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mahalo,
-Scott

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Scott:

Adding script to the list forms shouldn't have caused what you outline, though I suppose it depends how you did so. It sounds as though you added it to both the NewForm and the EditForm. Can you explain the steps you took?

M.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Aloha,

OK. Was able to look at this a little today and have determined that adding the scripts to the forms was not the issue. We do not use the Calendar view often with Task Lists. For some reason whenever I create a custom newform or Editform for the task list, the calendar view uses these forms instead of the DispForm. I create the custom forms by right-clicking on the newform.aspx file, and choose new from existing page. I assume this is something wrong with my version of SPDesigner. I hope this is corrected when I upgrade to 2010.

BTW…most excellent tool.

Aloha, 

-Scott