relationshipListParentColumn: "Systems",
	relationshipListChildColumn: "Task",
	parentColumn: "System",
	childColumn: "Task",
	CAMLQuery: camlQuery,
	completefunc: null,
	debug: true
});

How would I save the user-selected dropdown value to the selection variable?  For example, if the user chooses "abc" from the dropdown list, then I'd like to store "abc" into the selection variable.  I think this can be done in completefunc but I don't know the code for it as I am very new to SPServices and JQuery.

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM

David:

To get the selected value, you'll need to attach to the change event (or other events depending on the type of dropdown) yourself. The SPCascadeDropdown function only sets up the cascading; it doesn't provide the selected value.

If you can explain a bit more about what you're actually trying to do, I might have a more concise idea.

M.

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Hi Marc,

I have a similar question. I'm using the cascading drop downs and then working with the list in MS Access so I can ship it off to another software. The problem is that the value that is saved in the list (and in MS Access) in the fields are the IDs from the list and I want is the string of the value. I looked at SPFieldLookupValue but can't figure out how to use that to ame the string values available to me to manipulate. Does that make sense?

-- Ruth