SPServices.SPArrangeChoices not working for me :(

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Please can you assist me with getting this working.  I have a custom form with 10 choice columns (radio buttons).  I am pulling what little hair I have out.

The alerts are triggered but the radio buttons are still displaying vertically. I have also tried putting the code in a CEWP but to no avail. I did have the default list form hidden on the page but have now deleted it but still doesnt work. I have debugged and am not getting any errors so cant work out whats not right

Code from my custom form (which is a survey).

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.6.2.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.SPServices-0.6.2.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
 alert('jQuery On');
   $(document).ready(function() {

columnName: "Company Wide News",
          perRow: 4
 alert('jquery initialised');

<td width="190px" valign="top" class="ms-formlabel">
       <H3 class="ms-standardheader">
        <nobr>Company Wide News<span class="ms-formvalidation"> *</span>
      <td width="400px" valign="top" class="ms-formbody">
          <xsl:comment>FieldName="Company Wide News"</xsl:comment>
       <SharePoint:FormField runat="server" id="ff1{$Pos}" ControlMode="New" FieldName="Company_x0020_Wide_x0020_News" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('i',concat('ff1',$Pos),'Value','ValueChanged','ID',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string(@ID)),'@Company_x0020_Wide_x0020_News')}"/>
       <SharePoint:FieldDescription runat="server" id="ff1description{$Pos}" FieldName="Company_x0020_Wide_x0020_News" ControlMode="New"/>

Any ideas would greatly appreciated

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Can you also post what the markup is in the browser for the Company Wide News table row? i.e., what's rendered from the second snippet above.

Also, just to be sure that SPServices is referenced correctly, add this line:

right after

$(document).ready(function() {

I notice that you aren't using the minified version of SPServices. Is that intentional?

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Thanks for the super fast response. I changed to use the minified script and hey presto its now working!

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM

My guess is that the unminified file (jquery.SPServices-0.6.2.js) wasn't there to reference, then.

Glad you got it working!