Me being a noob

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Hi

I only found this library a few days ago and im quite new to sharepoint, so forgive my ignorance.

Basically i was wondering if it is possible to implement this code within a html file, or do I have to change it aspx and if so how do I do so

Thanks

haris

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

It would be unusual to have an html page in SharePoint; all SharePoint pages are aspx pages.

That said, it really depends on what you mean by "implement this code".

M.

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:39 PM

so would I edit the actual sharepoint page or point to the code in a .aspx file like the documentation suggests to run these jqueries?

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Correct.

M.

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM

would it be possible to access these jqueries from a html based web part or is that asking too much?

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I don't really know what you mean by an html based web part. Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

M.

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM

lol, thats what everybody asks me

basically I have a sharepoint list which I imported from an excel websheet

i want to pick out bits of data and present them in a particular way

Id prefer to present this data via my html page, but it would be acceptable to do this via a webpart or from the sharepoint page itself

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM
That's still pretty vague. You may be able to accomplish what you want with SharePoint out of the box. Or not. It depends on what you want to do. In any case, I wouldn't start with SPServices. I'd go learn more about how SharePoint works.

M.
>