SPServices.SPRedirectWithID

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Hi!

I want to redirect from my EditForm.aspx to the DispForm.aspx? is this possible using SPServices?

If not what is the best method to do this.

Waqas Iftikhar

Student Developer

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 10:29 PM
It's not totally clear what you are trying to do, but from the sounds of it, you don't need SPServices. You can either use jQuery to change the redirect or convert the List Form Web Part to a Data Form Web Part and change the form action.

M.
>
Aug 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Hi Marc,

what I really want to do is that as soon as the user edits the list item and clicks OK all the changes to the item are saved and redirects the user to a custom "CustomizedDispForm.aspx" with the ID of the item as a Querystring parameter.

The "CustomizedDispForm.aspx" will then display all the changes made by the user. I am still very new to Jquery so i really do not know the best way to do this.

Thanks

Waqas

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Fortunately, there is already an SPServices call that can do exactly what you want:

http://spservices.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=$().SPServices.SPRedirectWithID&referringTitle=Documentation

Give a good read over the documentation, try it out, and post back here with questions if you have any.

Cheers,

Matt

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Matt:

He doesn't even need SPRedirectWithID to go from EditForm -> DispForm.

M.
>
Aug 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Missed the "edits" part.  SPRedirectWithID is for new items.  Sorry about that.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I've painted the two best options I think you can choose from above in my first answer.

A third option you could consider is to pass the page you want to redirect to as the Source URL on the Query String.

BTW, I think it will drive your users nuts to be forced to a page which shows what they just saved. It will be an exception to the normal SharePoint page flow and will sort of trap them when they don't really want to be trapped.

M.