Add new folder to existing structure using UpdateListItems on change in folder structure

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Hello Marc,

I already have a defined folder/subfolder structure to be created in a document library per initiative. However there is an addition to the defined structure of folders. I've updated the code to reflect this new folder for new initiatives. I also need to make this change to the existing initiaitve and create this one extra folder. I tried adding the updatelistitem code with only this additional folder on the EditForm.aspx. However when i try to  save the form, it throws an "Object Expected" error.

1) s there a way I can add this one folder automatically to all existing entries via updatelistitem or any other way?

2) If its not possible for all, can i edit the existing form and just add the folder via the form per item automatically

You help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Srividya

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Srividsya:

If you're getting an "Object expected" error, then I'm 99% sure that you have a bug in your own script. That's a message that the JavaScript engine throws.

Check for missing semi-colons, commas, etc. In other words, time to do some debugging.

M.