This thread is following the existing "SPCascadeDropdowns on EditForm.aspx" thread in the discussion.
I am having the same issue as the original thread described. The child multi select lookup field losses its initial selection(s) in the editForm.aspx page. After simplifying my cascading scenario and tried
some combinations, I found:
1. Changing the child lookup field to be required won't fix the problem.
2. If I change the child lookup field to only allow one selection, then the child dropdown on the editForm.aspx works properly, meaning it can remember its initial value.
3. Both newForm and editForm can filter the child selections properly so the relationship setup seems correct to me.
4. The initial multi selected values briefly appeared in the child field selected value control on the editForm.aspx page but then get losted when the $(document).ready(function()... fully executed.
5. By accident when I broke the $(document).ready(function()... execution by leaving a comma at the end of the statement body of the $(document).ready(function()... , the initial selected values get retained
in the selected value control of the child lookup multi field. This is what I want. However, the cascading is broken, meaning the available choices are not filtered at all although my parent lookup field is showing the selected value.
I hope the description is clear and makes sense to you. This is my first post here and I am not sure how to add a screen shot to my thread. Please help and let me know if any additional info you need to help
us debug. I know every little about JQuery. This issue seems a flaw to the lookup child field allowing multi selections in
parentColumn: "KM Unit",
childColumn: "Business Segment",
Any help would be appriciated!