Getlistitems turns a specific domain url into relative link, but any other domain is fine.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM

This is the most bizarre inexplicable behavior yet. I have two sites: the SP holding all the lists and another IIS Site which runs the get list items.  I have getlistitems running on a completely blank page to ensure no other scripts are conflicting. One of my fields, "Body" is a rich text edited field and may contain hyperlinks. All hyperlinks work fine except for when I type in the hosted SP domain url (uhc-ss) as a link.

When I do this; the "uhc-ss" gets replaced with a relative server path: ex: becomes on This happens when the page renders the getlist items on the IIS server. If I go into the SP and modify the link to uhc-s, uhc-,-ss,uhc-s or c-s none of those values get replaced during rending. It's only uhc-ss; which means that my users cannot attach any files to the SP item because the links will then become broken. Yet anything other than uhc-ss works but its loo late for me to do a DNS switch.

Does anyone have any idea why in the world one specific url would not be getting rendered out and replaced by a relative path? Thanks for any help anyone has.

Also as a note the domain link does work when it is a standalone hyperlink column. The uhc-ss only gets replaced from within a multiline field. So bizarre.

operation: "GetListItems",
   // Force sync so that we have the right values for the child column onchange trigger
   async: false, 
   webURL: "",
   listName: "CMS-Ops-Home",
   // Filter based on the currently selected parent column's value
   CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Title' /><FieldRef Name='Body' /></ViewFields>",
   CAMLQuery: "<Query><OrderBy><FieldRef Name='Order0' /></OrderBy><Where><And><Eq><FieldRef Name='Visible' /><Value Type='Text'>Yes</Value></Eq><Eq><FieldRef Name='Page_x0020_Section' /><Value Type='Text'>Main</Value></Eq></And></Where></Query>",
   //CAMLRowLimit: "4",
   completefunc: function (xData, status) {
    $(xData.responseXML).find("[nodeName='z:row']").each(function() {
     var Html = "<li style=\"margin-bottom: 1em;\"><strong>" + $(this).attr("ows_Title") + "</strong>" + $(this).attr("ows_Body") + "</li>";
   });//End SPServices Call

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:52 AM

If you are running MOSS, you may be experiencing the AAM rewrite bug. Read and see if this might be the cause. Apparently this was fixed in 2010.

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Eagle, that looks like the culprit to me. Unfortunately on this SP I am not given that control but I will advise them on this. Thank you for sending that info my way!