Latency Issue

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I have aproximately 2900 records in my list. Everything works great, but as I start to type, there is a latency as it's drilling down and searching for what I am typing. It sometimes can take 8-15 seconds total for the letters I am typing to show up and the information to display. This of course is majorly delayed even more if you realize you have typed something incorrectly and have to backspace or delete and start over.

Is there a way to keep the search from happening until the user presses "enter" or something similar, or is there another way to improve this latency?

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:32 PM
I assume you're asking about SPAutocomplete? Have you increased the number of keystrokes required before it looks for matches?

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Sorry, I assumed it would link it to the area I was in when I posted the thread. It's regarding SPDisplayRelatedInfo.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM
SPDisplayRelatedInfo only works with dropdowns, so I'm not sure what you mean about keystrokes. You select an option in the dropdown and you see the related info.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM

That is correct. It's a drop down, but you can also type in the field and it will drill down to what is avail in the drop down menu based on what you type in.

Nov 6, 2011 at 2:10 AM

But only after the value "takes" in the dropdown. That's the standard SharePoint control behavior.