Get HttpReferer using jQuery SPServices

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Hi,

Is there any option to get Http Referer (or other HTTP Header items) using jQuery SPServices?

Thanks for help,

Gosia

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Gosia:

I think you may be able to get at much of what you want simply with JavaScript.

M.

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Yes, I'm know. But document.referrer doesn't work under each of browser and I'm looking for solution which will.

Gosia

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM
This library is focused on SharePoint's Web Services. Have you looked at jQuery itself?

M.
Nov 21, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Hi,

I try javascript but this doesn't work under IE. I also write my own data form webpart to get HTTP_REFERER from server variables and still on IE I getting null. Both solutions work under FF.

That why I write to you if it possible to use SharePoint's Webservices to get http referer.

Gosia

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Try using REFERRER instead. Not all browsers recognize the (incorrect) REFERER keyword.
Generally, this value is useless anyway. Many web servers blank it out or rewrite it to their own value. It is also used for spam.
HTH,
Steve

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Gosiek <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I try javascript but this doesn't work under IE. I also write my own data form webpart to get HTTP_REFERER from server variables and still on IE I getting null. Both solutions work under FF.

That why I write to you if it possible to use SharePoint's Webservices to get http referer.

Gosia

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPServices@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPServices@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Steve Eagleson
steve.eagleson@sky.com