Cascaded Dropdown doesn't display any values

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I'm trying to add a cascaded dropdown field to my document library form and while I'm not receiving any error messages, I'm also not seeing any values in the field.  The only item in the drop down field is "Choose Sub Category 1".  Here's how I have things setup:

I have one list called "Document Categories".  This list has a solo field called "Category".

I have another list called "First Sub Document Category".  This list has two fields:  "Document Category" (which is a lookup field to the Document Category list) and "Title" (text field).

I have created a jQuery Libraries document library and have added both the jquery.1.7.min.js file and the jquery.SPServices-0.6.2.min.js file to this document library.

The document library I am trying to add the cascaded dropdown is called Shared Documents.

I have added a CEWP to the edit form of the Shared Documents library and I have added the following code to the HTML Source:

<script language="javascript" src="/sites/wmc/ao/jQuery%20Libraries/jquery-1.7.min.js" type="text/javascript">
</script><script language="javascript" src="/sites/wmc/ao/jQuery%20Libraries/jquery.SPServices-0.6.2.min.js" type="text/javascript">
</script><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function() {
 $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
  relationshipList: "First Sub Document Category",
  relationshipListParentColumn: "Document_x0020_Category",
  relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
  parentColumn: "Document Category",
  childColumn: "Sub Category 1",
  debug: true
 });
});</script>

In my debugging I have added an 'alert' statement and it fires up.  To make sure I had the list name correctly, I changed it by adding underscores in place of the spaces and it indeed produced an error.  I also did similar edits to each of the column names and the proper error was produced.

With the code above I do not receive any errors.  I see a list of the Document Categories in the "Document Category" field, but the "Sub Category 1" field only has the "Choose Sub Category 1" option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM
packet fan:

There was a change in jQuery 1.7 that breaks all released versions of SPServices. If you use an earlier version of jQuery, it'll work.

M.
Nov 17, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Thank you very much.  I changed to jquery 1.6.4 and it's working perfectly.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Great! I'm planning a new release of SPServices over the next few weeks which will work with jQuery 1.7 plus include a bunch of other stuff.

M.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Great! I'm planning a new release of SPServices over the next few weeks which will work with jQuery 1.7 plus include a bunch of other stuff.

M.