ComplexToSimple Dropdown looses value on reopening SharePoint item

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Hello Marc,

we have a cascaded dropdown and a filtered lookup which are amended by your complexToSimple dropdown.

On some occasions the child dropdown and the filtered lookup loose the previously given value on reopening the item. We have not been able to determine, in which cases this occurs. The filtered dropdown has way more than 20 elements and the error does not occur on all listitems that refer to the field, so a general error does not seem to be the cause.

What we were able to come about is that this only happens in the internet explorer. Chrome, Safari and Firefox do not have this Problem! Also, we did not see the parent dropdown loose a value.

Do you have any idea, where this problem could result from? We are using spservices 0.6.2 and I have upgraded jQuery from 1.4.2. to 1.6.2 already.

Big thanks in advance!

Urs

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Urs:

I believe that the issue you describe is fixed in the new version, v0.7.0. It's still marked as a beta, but I'm going to try to release it this weekend. Try that and see if it solves the problem.

M.
Dec 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Hello Marc,

unfortunately this does not solve the issue.

My colleague Andreas has covered this point in detail under workitem 9744.

Regards, Urs

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I've added some comments and questions to the Issue Tracker item. If you need to post code back, please do it here, since it's easier to format and read.

M.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Please try the alpha that I just posted to see if it fixes things.

M.