SPCascadeDropdown Parent to 2 children?

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Quick question: is it possible to use SPCascadeDropdown function to filter two different children on THE SAME FORM from one parent.  For example, "Region" filters "State", but "Region" also filters "Sales Manager" where "State" is associated with list "LOOKUP-State" and "Sales Manager" is associated with list "LOOKUP-SalesMgr"?  Thanks in advance and great job Marc on this source code - very helpful! 

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Bross12,

I'm assuming you are asking because you have not yet tried it. :)

Yes, it is possible. I'm currently using it to fufill this need in one of my SharePoint applications. You just need to define two calls to SPCascadeDropdown; one for each child column.

Paul.

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Paul - I wish I could say that I hadn't tried it but I did - must've been doing something wrong...mainly wanted confirmation that it was possible or if it was a technical limitation of SP web services...thank you! 

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Bross12,

Hope you can get it working... My use is similar, where I have a parent columns named "PRODUCT" that drive what is populated in the dropdown for RELEASES and CUSTOMERS... Make sure you are using the internal names of the columns, if they differ from the externally visible value.

Paul.