This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

TaxonomyClientService GetKeywordTermsByGuids Parameter info

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Hi Marc,
I am trying to use GetKeywordTermsByGuids method from TaxonomyClientService to query a particular term. And it looks like i am not passing the parameter in correct format. Since this method expectes the parameter in XmlNode, i am not sure whether i am using a proper escapes here.

I am getting the below error as results set.
"Server was unable to process request. ---> Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1"

But i can get the results if i test the same format from C#. Not sure what's wrong here.

Below are the options i tired for termsIds parameter.

termIds: “<termIds>4f43ef6b-d28b-4066-927a-a3e60c3378ce</termIds>”
termIds: “&lttermIds&gt4f43ef6b-d28b-4066-927a-a3e60c3378ce&lt/termIds&gt”
termIds: “4f43ef6b-d28b-4066-927a-a3e60c3378ce”


 I am sorry, i created the initial thread in Issue Tracker.


Dec 15, 2011 at 2:45 AM

An OOTB SharePoint function that will encode your values is:


Wrap your value with that function call and see if it works better for you.  I'm pretty sure the error you are getting is because the second value you posted isn't escaped properly.



Dec 15, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Thanks Matt. I figured this method few hours back and just tried it worked as expected. Wow, it took so long to figure this out. Thanks for the response. 


Marc, This service is simply awesome and you have saved so many hours of developers work. Thanks a lot!


Dec 15, 2011 at 3:41 AM

Thanks to Matt for the help you needed! Glad you got things working.