CascadeDropDown with libraries

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hello, I have a list called SubAplicacion with the relation between the list Aplicacion and the list SubAplicacion.

And I have a document library where I use the cascadedropdown component. In the document library I have a dropdown with the aplications and I want right subaplication value to appeared in the second drop down.

This is the code 

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Documentos%20compartidos/jquery-1.7.1.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Documentos%20compartidos/jquery.SPServices-0.7.1a.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function(){
  $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
     relationshipList: "SubAplicacion",
     relationshipListParentColumn: "Aplicación",
     relationshipListChildColumn: "SubAplicación",
     parentColumn: "Aplicación",
     childColumn: "SubAplicación",
     listName: $().SPServices.SPListNameFromUrl(),
     debug: true
  });

});

It's strange because I change the name of the relationshipList and an alert pop-up doesn't appear.

Is it possible the libraries work in a different way? or I have to do something more to search the list because it is in another folder?

I also try to use that property -> relationshipWebURL: "/Lists/SubAplicacion" but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advanced!!!

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Are you sure your references to the two .js files are correct? Do yuo see any script errors? Try adding an alert inside the $(document).ready.

M.

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM

The same happens me with a list but I have been able to see the problem (Tomorrow try the same with the library).

The problem is I need the display names for the ParentColumn and childColumn, which you can see in the list. But for relationshipListChildColumn and relationshipListParentColumn the component uses the internal names (instead of display names). 

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Hello:

I have tried with the library and It works right except when I choose a template to create a new document. In that case, the element inside of the document (document's properties) appeared disabled. When I saved the document, fields get enabled. One of this fields is the application combobox and when I select one item, all the items appear in the subapplication combobox independently the chosen application.

I have modified upload and edit form of the library and I don't know how to manage it.

¿Any idea?

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I'm a little lost about what you're doing. SPServices won't have any effect in documents you are editing in Word. The functions only work in the forms in the browser.

M.

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:45 AM
I'm talking about the properties form, which appeared on the top of a document, when you are creating one from a template.
It's to say ..... When I'm in a document library, I go to ribbon library tools and click 'new document'. 
When the document is opened, we can see properties form inside it.
Do you understand me? I would attach a picture but I don't see that option.

Thanks for everything!.
Feb 24, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Edited Feb 24, 2012 at 7:00 AM
I'm talking about the properties form, which appeared on the top of a document,
when you are creating one from a template.
It's to say ..... When I'm in a document library, I go to ribbon library tools and 
click 'new document'.
When the document is opened, we can see properties form inside it.
Do you understand me? I would attach a picture but I don't see that option.
Thanks for everything!.

PD: Sorry to repeat the post, I don't know how delete the previous one.