SPServices 0.7.0 -> 0.7.1a

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hi,

Im a new user of spservices and have used Cascading Dropdowns in a SharePoint solution.

The speed when typing in the parent dropdown is so slow... Then I jumped on the SPServices website to check if maybe a newer version of SPServices had arrived.

And YES - there was a 0.7.1a version.

Downloaded the .js.min version and tried how it works...

Now the parent dropdown is MUCH faster :) BUT the child dropdown doesn't get populated fx if i type "Progra" + ENTER (where it finds Programming) then the child dropdown is empty... Jumping back and forth clicking, pressing enter and suddenly the child is populated.

BUG?

So im back again to the old SPServices 0.7.0

CODE:

===============================================================

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/jQuery/jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/jQuery/jquery.SPServices-0.7.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
            relationshipList: "Skills",
            relationshipListParentColumn: "Catagory",
            relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
            parentColumn: "Category",
            childColumn: "Skill"
        });
    });
</script>

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue with jquery-1.7.1.min.js combined with jquery.SPServices-0.7.1a.min.js. The ONLY way it'll work now is if you type in "Progra" and then double click the appropriate selection. Very frustrating, especially for the users of the forms we implement this on.

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2012 at 5:33 AM

This is a SharePoint thing, not an SPServices thing. See my blog post which explains it.

If you'd like the complex dropdown to act like a simple dropdown, use $().SPServices.SPComplexToSimpleDropdown. If the child is a complex dropdown, then you can set the simpleChild option to true.

M.