Multivalued Parent in SPCascadeDropdowns does not find its children

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hi!

I'm having the same issue as http://spservices.codeplex.com/discussions/250562, I am unable to get the multivalued lookup to work. At least in the parent field, multivalued child with single parent works like a charm. The field is not multivalued in the relationshiplists. It does not throw an error, it simply seems like the parent does'nt find any children. 

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/Scripts/jquery.SPServices-0.7.1a.js"></script>
<
script type ="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function () {
$().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
listName:
"Request for Change",
relationshipList:
"Regions",
relationshipListParentColumn:
"Country",
relationshipListChildColumn:
"Title",
parentColumn:
"Country",
childColumn:
"Region",
debug:
true
});

});</script >

Thanks!
Helena

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Helena:

I never got enough infor to figure out what was going on in the other thread. I'm not sure what's going on in your case, either.

Is Country multi-select in your NewForm? Is Region?

M.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Both parentColumn Country and childColumn Region is multi-select in my custom .aspx form. When I set Country to single-select everything works fine. The relationsshipListParentColumn Country in the Regions list is single-select. On row 1324 in jquery.SPServices-0.7.1a there is a call to retreive the selected parents, this seems to return nothing when the parent is multiselect.
parentSelectSelected = getDropDownSelected(parentSelect, opt.matchOnId);
/Helena

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Helena:

I can reproduce the issue and it looks like a regression between v0.7.0 and v0.7.1. If you need a working version, you could go back to v0.7.0. I'll add it to the list for a fix in the next release.

Thanks,
M.

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I've got a fix for this in v0.7.2ALPHA8, which I'll be posting shortly. I'd appreciate any testing you could do.

M.