Working with SpellCheck.asmx

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Marc,

Is there anything in SPServices that allows you to work with this service?  Or anything in the works?

My goal is to be able to spell check single and multi-line fields on a form prior to submission.

Thanks!

Bill

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Bill:

I haven't seen any reference to that Web Service. Does it belong to SharePoint? Do you have an API reference link?

M.

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I see the info:

http://mysitename/sites/_vti_bin/SpellCheck.asmx

Is that what you were looking for?

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I was wondering where it was documented in the SDK. I had just never noticed it before.

I'll add it to my to do list for the next release.

M.

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Apr 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Awesome!

I just want to invoke it as a presavefuntion, rather than requiring the user to click the icon...

As always, all you do is greatly appreciated!!

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I've added this to v0.7.2ALPHA5, which I'll publish shortly. Please let me know how it works!

M.

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Great! I will take a look at it when it is published.
Thanks so much for your efforts!!
Bill

Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 11:41 PM
To: Bill Garvey (Services - 6)
Subject: Re: Working with SpellCheck.asmx [SPServices:353539]

I've added this to v0.7.2ALPHA5, which I'll publish shortly. Please let me know how it works!

M.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and/or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.