This morning I removed the script and the CEWP where I had it and just put it on the page after the
<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">
line as you've suggested elsewhere, but that didn't clear up the slight problem I described above. My NewOrderForm is for a custom list called Warehouse Orders that has four fields on the form:
- Requesting Supply Coordinator - A People or Group field that shows Name (with presence).
- Division - A lookup field to another custom list.
- Phone - A single line of text field.
- Building/Room # - A single line of text field.
I have content types enabled on this list, and there's one hidden field on the form (Title, which I renamed to something else). No fields are set as being required. I'm using a modified OrangeSingleLevel.master page.
I don't know if any of these clues will help. And, like I said, the redirect with the ID (in my case OrderID), works very well. I spent all day yesterday looking for a solution to do this that didn't involve hairy SPAPI coding using the SOAP service
within LISTS.ASMX (or other things that are a bit over my head). I don't know why I didn't check SPServices earlier in the day, since I use your solutions all the time. Thanks again.