Cascade Dropdowns for BCS fields

Jun 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Hi,

I would like to apply spcascadedropdowns to an external data column.  The column is called Category.  When I try to apply spcascadedropdowns to this column it says:

Parent Column:Category

Has anyone used SPcascadedropdowns with BCS columns and had the same issue?  I have used it on SharePoint columns and it seems to work fine.

Here is the code for my column:

<td width="190px" valign="top" class="ms-formlabel"> <H3 class="ms-standardheader"> <nobr>Country<span class="ms-formvalidation"> *</span> </nobr> </H3> </td> <td width="400px" valign="top" class="ms-formbody"><SharePoint:DVDropDownList runat="server" id="ff24{$Pos}" selectedvalue="{@fldCountryId}" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('i',concat('ff24',$Pos),'SelectedValue','SelectedIndexChanged','',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string('')),'@fldCountryId')}" datasourceid="SqlDataSource2" datatextfield="fldCountry" datavaluefield="fldCountryID" /><SharePoint:FieldDescription runat="server" id="ff9description{$Pos}" FieldName="bdil_Country_x0020_tblStoreCheckDataNavigate_x0020_Association_CountriesPickList" ControlMode="New"/><asp:SqlDataSource id="SqlDataSource2" runat="server" __designer:commandsync="true" ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" ConnectionString="Data Source=crmsql;User ID=*******;Password=**********;Initial Catalog=MIStoreChecks;" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [tblCountries] " /></td>

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Edited Jul 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM

What you're showing is the page on the server side. It's what ends up redering in the browser that matters. Also, if you have what you show above, I would guess that you've customized the list form?

M.

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Thanks for your reply.  Yes my new form has been customised.  I have replaced the external data box with a SharePoint Data View Drop Down.

Any ideas?

Mark

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Because you've customized the form, the selectors in SPCascadeDropdowns may not be working. If you look at the dropdownCtl function, you'll be able to see what SPServices is looking for in the page.

M.