Am I using SPCascadeDropdowns in the wrong context

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Hi Guys

Firstly - apologies - I have been driving myself mad with SharePoint for the last week and am feeling fairly brain dead at the moment.

I am trying to create a cascading dropdown in a NewItem form. Both of the columns in the two dropdowns that I wish to cascade are held in the same lookup list.

So - the lookup list is called "H Skill Codes"

The first dropdown column in the NewItem Form is called "Domain"

The second dropdown is called "Title" and has it's content limited by the first.

I cannot for the life of me get the parameters to SPCascadeDropdowns correct. Should I even be using SPCascadeDropdowns in this context ?  Should I just finally go to bed and get some much needed sleep ?

Any suggestions as always would be much appreciated

Jun 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Well, sleep is always a good thing! Maybe post an example of what you have tried and go from there.

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM

You're right about sleep.

I have actually pushed my issue a bit further forward. I think I have the parameters to the SPCascadeDropdowns function correct now as the results are looking a tiny bit more like I wanted them to.

I also think that I have figured out that I need to have another lookup table for distinctness in the Domain drop-down.

I think that just explaining my problem on here kicked my brain a bit back into action so count your answer as the one that solved things for me :)