ComplexToSimpleDropdown with Cascading Dropdown

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Hi All,

I have a lookup column which has more than 20 items , so i have implemented ComplexToSimpleDropdown service. The problem is i am trying to use it along with the cascadedropdown but it is not working ... can someone pls help me

Thanks

Ranjani

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Ranjani:

You don't have to use SPComplexToSimpleDropdown if you don't want to. SPCascadeDropdowns will handle dropdowns that are simple, complex, or multi-select, as shown in the docs.

When you say it isn't working, what error do you see or what unexpected behavior?

M.

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Hi Marc,

Actually , if i dont change it to simple dropdown , it always required to double click to select an item. Not only that in my requirement , i have three controls 2 single lookup column displayed as dropdown and last one is a multi-select lookup column. All the three are cascaded ones.  The exact problem is the value in the right side of multi select lookup column should be maintained even when we make change in the other two cascading dropdowns. It was maintaining the state when the count was less than19 but now it is not maintaining. Thats why i changed it to simple dropdown.  Please help

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Ranjani:

SPCascadeDropdowns won't allow you to "collect" values in the multi-select column if you change its parent. I don't think you would have seen it doing this at <20 items becuase that's not how it's written.

M.

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Hello,

I was having issues implementing this but my error was in the column names in the forms. Works great!

Thanks so much!!!!