Cascade only shows "Choose MYFILED..."

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I have the casade for 2 dropdowns for a contacts list;

Comany and Site

This is so I can choose the Company and the site for a Contact. 2 lists Companies and CompanySites as well as my contacts list. but all i am getting in the 2nd DDL is "choose site.."

below is the code for my CascadingDropdownsCOMPANY-SITE.js and also the files im using

$(document).ready(function() {

// Set up the cascade from Region to State
 $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
  relationshipList: "CompanySite",
  relationshipListParentColumn: "Company",
  relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
  relationshipListSortColumn: "Title",
  parentColumn: "Company",
  childColumn: "Site",
  debug: true

});

});

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../js/jquery-1.5.min.js"></script>
 <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../js/jquery.SPServices-0.6.0ALPHA9.js"></script>
 <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../js/CascadingDropdownsCOMPANY-SITE.js"></script>

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM

A couple of things:

• The versions of jQuery ans SPServices you are using are quite old, and the SPServices version is an alpha. You should get the current versions
  • You are referencing the .js files after your script, so you're probably getting an errorM.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Still no joy :(

The only othere difference (as i have the .wsp solution file for the demo site in a SharePoint 2010 farm working) is that this particular setup is on Office 365.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../js/jquery-1.5.min.js"></script>
 <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../js/jquery.SPServices-0.7.0.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {

// Set up the cascade from Region to State
 $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({
  relationshipList: "CompanySite",
  relationshipListParentColumn: "Company",
  relationshipListChildColumn: "Title",
  relationshipListSortColumn: "Title",
  parentColumn: "Company",
  childColumn: "Site",
  debug: true

});

});

</script>

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

scrap that, got it working, had a typo! signs of me needing a brewak from this :)

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

PS, the debug helped me there

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The fact that it's Office365 doesn't matter - this stuff works great there. You should probably try debugging (add an alert to be sure jQuery is loading, etc.) and also review how your list is set up.

M