SPFilterDropDown with Checkboxes

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hi,

I'm using SPFilterDropDown to filter the related list's values. The related list has more than 300 items. I'd like to add another checkbox column on the parent list to further filter the results.

Is there a way I can do this with SPFilterDropDown on the related list or can I use spsitedataquery or CascadingDropDowns?

$().SPServices.SPFilterDropdown({
    relationshipList: "Materials",
    relationshipListColumn: "Title",
    columnName: "Event Materials",
    CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='MaterialStatus' /><Value Type='Text'>In Warehouse</Value></Eq>",
    completefunc: null,
    debug: false
});
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM

If you've got a parent/child relationship, then you should probably use SPCascadeDropdowns rather than SPFilterDropdown.

M.

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hi Marc,

The parent/child is on the lookups. The checkbox column is not a lookup to the Materials list. Should it be?

Currently it's a copy of those items in multi-checkbox format, instead of dropdown (as in the Materials list). It uses SPArrangeChoices.

Can I use SPCascadeDropdowns in this fashion?

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I'm not sure where the checkbox comes in.

M.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I'm trying to use the checkboxes to filter the lookup. The checkboxes are for Material Categories.

When you check a box, I'd like the multi-select options to only show for the category or categories that were selected in the checkbox column.

In the Materials list, only one category is selected per list item, so there wasn't a need for a checkbox on this end.

In the Events list, they should have the option to filter on more than one material category to get desired results from the EventMaterials multi-select lookup.

Does this make better sense?

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Can you post a screenshot somewhere? I'm having a tough time picturing it.

M.