Tips on how to format SPDisplayRelatedInfo when use of multiple select lookup column

Jan 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I have finally got the SPDisplayRelatedInfo to work on my multiple select lookup column. One trick was to get the "Column name" right. You can find more info here:

The formatting though isn´t very nice, when the related info is presented right under the "Possible values"-box like this image shows. The second box is pushed away! I need some tips here!

I wonder if there is any examples or articles written about this, can´t find anything relevant when searching!

Jan 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM

It looks like it could be a CSS issue. Can you post your code?

Jan 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM
It´s just standard code from documentation page:
 $().SPServices.SPDisplayRelatedInfo({  columnName: "Möjliga värden för Produkter",  relatedWebURL: "",  relatedList: "{CEC6CAAC-E654-45D6-9AFB-F5E76C82E046}",  relatedListColumn: "Title",  relatedColumns: ["ITProduktKategori","MMPrice", "FileRef","Bild"],  displayFormat: "table", headerCSSClass: "ms-vh2", rowCSSClass: "ms-vb",});

<td width="190px" valign="top" class="ms-formlabel">
<H3 class="ms-standardheader"><nobr>Produkter</nobr></H3>
<td width="400px" valign="top" class="ms-formbody">
<SharePoint:FormField runat="server" id="ff8{$Pos}" ControlMode="New" FieldName="Produkter" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('i',concat('ff8',$Pos),'Value','ValueChanged','ID',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string(@ID)),'@Produkter')}"/>
<SharePoint:FieldDescription runat="server" id="ff8description{$Pos}" FieldName="Produkter" ControlMode="New"/>

I have also two other related lookup-colums in my newfom.aspx (ordinary dropdowns) but they are working as they should.

One thing I also want to do is to use FileRef i relatedColumns, but instead of showing the URL i want to show something more usefriendly, like the Title. So the user can click and "read more". Is that possible?

relatedColumns: ["ITProduktKategori","MMPrice", "FileRef","Bild"],
Jan 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I do think that it's a CSS thing. It looks like you may have some custom CSS in place. If you disable it for the page, does the diaply look right? If not, it's probab ly a bug on my end.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Ok, I tried to disable css but there seems not to be any difference.
Maybe it is a bug then.

Thanks for your support.

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I'll see if I can reproduce this on my end.