SPCascadeDropdowns Unexpected Error + Correlation ID when Saving and when Editing CEWP

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I have configured SPCascadeDropdowns and they are working fine.
However, when I go and try to save the form, I get the big old unexpected error with the correlation ID. Same thing happens when trying to edit the CEWP that points to the js file.

I've been searching online for quite some time without any resolution. As @sympmarc pointed out:

Error only happens when you have an empty required field.
(Thanks Marc!)

So with the problem identified, is there any way to enforce the empty required field in the same way that sharepoint does OOTB?
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I'm not understanding, I don't think. Is it one of the columns in the cascade that's required? Can you show your code?

M.
Apr 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Marc,

I guess what I'm asking is:
How do I show You must specify a value for this required field. in red just like a regular required field, as opposed to the ugly Unexpected Error ?

Peter
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Peter:

If you've got things set up correctly, that unexpected error won't occur and the page will do everything you'd normally expect.

One thing that can cause an error like that is when values are inserted into the drop down that aren't valid as of the page load. That usually points to a list misconfiguration.

Also, if you're getting an error when you try to edit the CEWP, something else is going on.

M.