SP2007 to SP2010 Question

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Ok, crazy question here. I am wanting to sync data from a list on a 2007 site with the data in a list in a 2010 site (different farms obviously). The problem I had with importing data from old site to new site via excel was that the "Created By" would show as me and the project I am on holds those accountable for their submissions.

I can easily code a piece to copy the data via SPServices List service between sites but want to know if I can copy the created by as well so it shows the correct person who submitted the request on the new site.

Bob
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Unfortunately not. The credentials of the current user are used to populate the Created and Modified information.

M.
Apr 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Marc,

I figured that as much but was hoping for a workaround....

Thanks,
Bob
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM
You should look at some of the great third party tools out there. I'd suggest starting with ShareGate or MetaVis.

M.
Apr 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Marc,

After speaking with my boss as long as I can maintain another column of the originating requester there won't be an issue. But I am however running into an issue where I am getting an error returned trying to copying the old data (SP2007) to a new site (SP2010) by using updatelistitems batchcmd: new. Is this an issue across farms? No matter what I put in the webURL or listname (guid or actual listname) I get this: Sending the xml request to the server was: error

Any ideas to help me out?

Bob
Apr 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Bob,
If using IE, I think x-domain will work, but you may have to turn in cross site requests in jquery.... Lookup the .ajax() method and the cross domain setting. You can use the ajaxSetup() to set it globally, I think.

_____
Paul

Sent from mobile device.