SPCascadeDropdowns give me a "postback error"

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I everyone,
after reviewing the issues which could match my problem, I found this one.

I'm encountering the same issue, and don't find any clue on how to make it works.
The solutions Marc proposed are good on my side.

I'm actually working on SharePoint 2013 site, I have both the right version of jQuery and SPServices for SharePoint 2013 (jQuery 1.9.0 unminified and SPServices 0.7.2).

I'm using this on 2 Lists ("CR Permanence" and "Synthèse", the column used by the function SPCascadeDropsdowns have exactly the same name), I've modified the newform and editform of "CR Permanence" in which I put the SPCascadeDropdowns code below, it's working just fine. However the same won't work with the "Synthèse" list, and I really don't get why.
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function() {
   relationshipList: "PlagesHoraires",
   relationshipListParentColumn: "Site",
   relationshipListChildColumn: "Plage",
   parentColumn: "Site",
   childColumn: "Plage Horaire",
   debug: true
Is there anyone who encountered this problem recently and found a solution ?

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Is the code above what is working or what is not working?

Can you show the specifics of the lists that you are using?

And where are these nice beaches that I want to visit?

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM
The code above is the code working and not working, as I said it's the same.

The word "Plage" here is not referring to beaches, much more like "Time Slot". But if you want nice beaches, come in France :p.

I'll explain the context a little and try to translate the french words (I keep the french words for the "logic" purpose), I'm actually working an Intranet for a General Hospital, where there are 3 sites (3 différent building across the city), each sites have specific time slots (Example Site1 have Morning and Afternoon but not Night, however Site2 have the 3 choices).

The list "PlagesHoraires" that I'm using is composed of :
  • Titre (LinkTitle, single line of text, this column is not used and hidden)
  • Site (search column which refers to the Sites list)
  • Plage (search column which refers to another list "PlageJournee" where we can found the 3 time slots Matin (Morning), Après-midi (Afternoon) and Nuit (Night) with their hours)
  • Plage:Début (column I get from the search column, which refers to the start of the time slot)
  • Plage:Fin (column I get from the search column, which refers to the end of the time slot)
In my 2 lists ("CR Permanence" and "Synthèse") I have to select a Site and then select a "Plage Horaire" (time slot).
The "Site" column and "Plage Horaire" column are named exactly the same in both lists (so I don't have to change the code).
I used the SPCascadeDropdowns to get in my "Plage Horaire (time slot) dropdown only these which match with de Site selected before.
I do the same in the 2 lists.

So I created a CustomNewForm.aspx and CustomEditForm.aspx, in these 2 lists. I tried the form before adding the SPCascadeDropdowns code, it works fine on the 2 lists.
I added the code in both forms, it works fine for "CR Permanence" but not for "Synthèse" where I get the postback error.
I tried to recreate from scratch the list, but it's inconclusive, I get the same error.

I hope you understand my explanation.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:02 PM
I believe for all French accents you have to use the Unicode version of the accented character. So instead of Synthèse you would use Synth\00e8se. To see a list of Unicode equivalents go to : http://www.pjb.com.au/comp/diacritics.html