SPDisplayRelatedInfo and Folder/custom folder content types metadata in a document library

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Will $().SPServices.SPDisplayRelatedInfo (or autocomplete) ever return custom folder content types and their respective metadata? I have tried everything under the sun to get the folder content type (in my case it is a custom folder content type) to return with its metadata, from the same document library it is intiated from. I have tried both matching on ID or not ID, on 'Title' or 'Name' (name column is always undefined for some reason, so have to use title). I have tried including the CAML querie to only include Folders. I have tried using a view that only has those content types displayed as the 'relatedWebURL'.

Also can $().SPServices.SPDisplayRelatedInfo work on the same list from which the source field is used?

Essentially I am trying to bring in Metadata from different levels of folders (Parant and Grand parent folders) so that I can apply them to the document, at upload time. I am only in a MOSS non-enterprise environment.
Jun 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I think I know why this is not working for me. The Related folder meta data I need, is not available at the root level of the document library, but found inside deeper folders. If there was a way to either point SPRelatedInfo to a specific 'view', folder, or 'all folder content types of ...." (regardelsss if they appear in different locations in the library) to get this information It would probaly return the information I need. I verified that if I search against something rudimentray I did get only the root level folders (of the library) metadata returned, but as the folders metadata I need, is not at the root level of the document library, it did not help me, as I needed folder metadata at deeper levels. I tried changing the related WebURL to a specific folder where those folder content types were, however the table headings returned then became all undefined. Is it possbile to add the View ID together with the Libaries GUID in the 'RelatedList' parameter? Or , is there away to search entire document Library and not just the root level?