Jun 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Edited Jun 11, 2013 at 6:49 AM
The relationship list is based on the out of the box Contacts list with a Company Lookup site column added to the Contact content type.
The Company Lookup site column is populated from a custom list called Company list that contains items based on a Company content type.
I have a Projects list that contains a Project content type that has fields Company Lookup and Contact Lookup.
I want to select a Company and have the Contact dropdown filter to only show people from that company.
The code is:
parentColumn: "Company Lookup",
childColumn: "Contact Lookup",
I started off using jquery 1.8.3 but the debug popup wasn't showing so switched back down to 1.7.2.
On opening the newform.aspx for Projects the Company Lookup is populated, None is selected and the Contacts Lookup is empty with None selected.
On selecting a Company there is a pause where the JS does it's thing and the dropdown on the Contacts Lookup is frozen. The Contacts Lookup then unlocks but there are no options other then None to be selected.
There are definitely Contacts that have a matching Company although it looks like the script is running and trying to return data but not finding anything.
I have turned debug mode on but don't get any errors.