Multi-Select Lookup Cascading Dropdown's Not Working

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Marc,

I have two list. There is a column called Class and another column called Start Time in a custom list (or app in 2013 terms). Another list has columns that are lookup fields to those values. The users are able to select mutiple classes (parent) and the start times available (child) are filtered based on the selections.

This process worked beautifully in 2010 and I have utilized it a few times elsewhere with no issues. Another oddity is when I do not allow multi-selections in the lookup the script works as expected. I tried using the 2013.1 library that you just published with no-luck.

If you would like any code samples I would be more than happy to provide but to be honest this is straightfoward and seems to be related to the same issue mentioned in the thread below.
http://spservices.codeplex.com/discussions/438514

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.
Jun 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I wanted to add a note to explain the behavior identified yesterday. The multi-select filter works if you double click selections in the parent instead of using the "Add" button. It appears to be an issue with the button behavior on the form. Just thought I would provide a follow up if anyone runs into the same issue.
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM
So it's just the Add and Remove buttons that don't work?

I didn't manage to resproduce this in the other instance, but I'll give it another go.

M.
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM
OK, I've reproduced this. I'll work on a fix and let you know when I have something for you to try out.

M.
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Guys:

The fix here is a quick one. If you'd like to give it a try, replace line 1439, which reads like this:

parentSelect.Obj.closest("span").find("button").each(function() {

with this:

parentSelect.Obj.closest("span").find("button, input[type='button']").each(function() {

Apparently someone at Microsoft decided to make a tiny tweak, switching from a button element to an input element. More compliant, but since they left the rest of the mess alone, inconsistent.

I'll be posting an alpha soon, but if you could test this, it would be great.

Thanks,
M.
Jun 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Marc,

The fix worked perfectly. I appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me. I don't think anyone could ever accuse Microsoft of being consistent in anything, SharePoint especially.

Thanks Again,

Craig
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Glad it works for you. Expect it in the next release.

M.