Auto Complete Radio Buttons

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Is there any suggested method for completing the following:

A single user form with radio button for types of transactions: Easy, Medium, Hard

There are then 45 subsequent questions, some pertain to all three types, some to only one, some to only two...I'm puzzled as to where to start to have the form auto complete "Yes", "No", "N/A" based on type of transaction chosen.

Any initial guidance would be appreciated.
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Kep:

You're going to have to write something for this.

It sounds like you want to bind to the click event on some of the radio buttons and click others (trigger the click events) automagically when those clicks occur.

M.
Aug 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Marc,

That's exactly what I'm thinking it going to be the best method. Any pieces of the SPServices that you would suggest I start with regarding manipulating the standard code to work?

I'm new to Javascript and SharePoints, but I'm learning quickly. I've implemented most of the SPServices functions, but couldn't find anything about the onclick() functions.

Any suggestions on where to start would be huge.

Thanks!

Kep.
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Kep:

Click events are pure JavaScript, but you can also use jQuery to bind to them. There's nothing in SPServices that will really help with this. I'd suggest reading the jQuery Events documentation.

M.